Tuesday, April 9, 2013

He is Risen

Easter seems to come at the perfect time.
A time of birth, of renewal.
It's so fitting since we celebrate our Savior's rising on this beautiful day.
I love my savior,
& I am forever indebted to him.
I strive to be a better person daily.
Somedays are better than others...
But, I know that our Savior/Heavily Father picks me up on those lousy days
& helps me renew my faith.

I LOVE holidays.
My goal has been to always acknowledge Holidays
& make them a bit more special than regular days.
Growing up, Christmas was a big deal..
But, other Holidays seemed to be lost.
I want to make each Holiday special for London & future Allen babies.

London is still so small to understand certain things...
But, it didn't take her long to understand that opening the eggs laying around
meant she could eat candy.
London ran to each egg, opened it as fast as she could, & when the candy spilled out,
she would clap & say "YAY".
 I put a little Easter basket out for London.
Her favorite was this baby.
This baby was my baby when I was a little girl.
I love that I kept a lot of my toys.
It's so fun seeing London play with the same toys that gave me joy as a child.
Feeding, kissing, & combing the babies hair took up our morning until Church.
 Unfortunately, this was the only picture I took of all of us on Easter day.
Sun in our eyes, camera set on timer on the grill, & only 1 minute to spare before church.
 Not so perfect picture..
It's the memories that count, right?
 After church & a nap for London,
we drove to Hooper to Blake's grandma's house.
We started off our adventure with an Easter Egg Hunt.
When she saw the Easter Eggs, she realized that candy would come out.
She was so sweet as she stopped, picked up each egg, broke it open, & tried to eat
all the candy before finding the next egg.
 As you can see, I couldn't keep the candy away for long.
Sweet tooth like her mommy.
She knows Grandpa lets her have candy.
 We seriously cannot get a good picture of these 3 kiddos.
This is just another typical picture.
None of them looking.
London & cousin Taegan love each other. 
Giving kisses.
So fun to see who each of Blake's sisters married.
All so different, but they all get along so well.
Aunt sissy put together a little painting activity.
This was right up London's alley..
Naked boy & girl covered in paint just eating candy.
Oh, the life of a kid.
This year, Easter was a blast &
I cant wait to start many more traditions & memories
in the coming Easter years.
Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment