Sunday, November 29, 2015

Rōz

I've taken on an exciting, creative, + fun adventure this year.
B O N N E T S.
What? Yep, you read right, bonnets.
I've always had a thing for sweet little bonnets/hats for my babies.
When Penny had to wear a helmet for 5 months, my sweet friend Ashley helped me make a bunch of lovely bonnets to go over her helmet.  Miss Penny + I got SO many compliments on her bonnets.  Ash came to me one day & announced her idea that we should make bonnets + sell them.
I laughed it off & then thought about it quite seriously for the next few days.
Well, one idea lead to the next, and viòla, we created Rōz.
This journey has absolutely been such a adventure + humbling all at the same time.
When we first started this at the beginning of the summer, we honestly were just hoping to pay ourselves back from all the fabric we bought.  The support we have received has been absolutely humbling.  It grew more rapidly than we ever imagined + I couldn't imagine doing it with anybody else but Ashley.  We work together so well, we have the same goals, + most importantly, we both know that family comes first.  Rōz began to grow a bit faster than we had expected + so there was talk about what our next steps would be to keep up.  With all that in mind, I was having a bit of anxiety about how to keep up with everything else in my life too.  I listened to conference, and immediately called Ash to let her know that although I still wanted to do this, I also had a strong impression that my kids needed me more.  She then revealed to me that she had gotten that exact same impression.  Just knowing that, makes me 100% convinced that Ash + I were meant to be business partners.   So, as of now, we are just enjoying the journey of owning a small business.  We are not really taking any steps to grow our business more because we feel good about what is on our plate in this stage of our lives. 

I have A L W A Y S needed a creative outlet in my life + this has been such a fun creative outlet for me.  It's so exciting to pick + create something beautiful right along side with our customers.  I have grown as a seamstress ten fold.  I have learned ~still learning~ the art of pattern making.  WAY harder than expected.  I have a new appreciation for people that make hand made items.  Before starting this, I would have never imagined the hours spent trying to get a pattern right, the joy of creating something beautiful for someone else, the frustration when things don't go as expected.  We have made friends with our customers + have loved seeing their little ones in their bonnets.
This has been such a joy in my life + I'm excited where this journey will take me in the future.

I had learned a great lesson from this as well.  Having Penny have torticollis + plagiocephaly was a huge trail for me.   It was hard to see my sweet little baby go through months of physical therapy + after all that, still have to wear a helmet for 5 months.  BUUUUUUUUUUUUT, a huge blessing came from it.  We would have never even had an ounce of a thought about doing Rōz if we didn't make those bonnets to go over Penny's helmet.  Since starting all of this, I have often felt peace in knowing that Penny wearing a helmet + doing this bonnet thing just at the time we did, was not coincidence.  I have seen + felt the Lord's hand in all of this.  

And always, we have the cutest little models around, I may be a bit biased though.

Rōz= my middle name is Rose, London's middle name is Rose, and Ashley's daughter Stellas middle name is Rose.  We had to use it--just changed up the spelling a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment