Friday, June 6, 2014

Gator World

Another summer full of gators.  These southern adventures have me wrapped.
I feel like I should be considered a bit of a southern lady at this point in my life. 
I'll try & work on the accent & pretend I love the heat. 
All but 2 summers out of the 7 have been spent in the South....& by south, I mean mostly Texas.
Summers in the south are not for the weak..... my hair is a frizzed up mess allllllldayyyyy eeeevverydaaaay, the heat is something that even I have no words for, & my makeup only looks good for precisely 27 minutes.  However, summers in the South are quite brilliant for my soul.  Never, have I met such nice people, seriously though.  I get to do things that I would never have dreamed of, & I'm almost certain the south offers the best cuisine possible.
 ....let's just consider me Lemon in Hart of Dixie. Yes, yes, very fitting indeed.
Anyway, one adventure in particular, swimming with alligators per say, was something I never thought I would do.....yet again, the south delivers. 
Yep, that's right, we swam with alligators.
I can't quite pinpoint my favorite part of this adventure, but, I think it boils (like a crab boil, yeah, I'm pretty cajun with my lingo nowadays) down to:
a:  London refusing to put her feet in the water.  Hey, at least she got a good ab workout with those little legs straight up in the air.  In reality, she was probably the smartest of us all.  I mean, who willingly tries to swim with gators?  us, that would be us. 
b:  catching the little buggers in the water & holding them.
c:  spending 45 minutes watching 2 internship girls trying to get a big alligator out of it's cage so people could wrestle it.  Apparently, the man down 5 minutes prior to their attempt didn't quite warn them enough.  Not that getting bit is a bid deal or anything.  NOT.  Sorry young worker man, I hope you still have your finger.  Needless to say, the gator was cranked, & the 2 very hopeful, but very silly interns did not get that gator out.  I would be pretty disturbed as well if I had muggles trying to ride me all day. 

Only 28 days left for me.  Can't believe it's gone by so fast!

1 comment: