Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Tiny Gymnast

Gymnastics has been a HUGE hit.
Penguin walks, somersaults, leg kicks, & spiral jumps have been in full force allllllldaaay over here.
It's so much fun to watch her while she is in class.  
It's important for me that she learns how to take direction & discipline from another adult. Besides us.
It's thrilling to watch her fail & then try try try try again until she gets it right.
I love watching her interact with the other kids in her class & make new friends.
My all time favorite though--when I go down to pick her up & she asks me if I watched this or if I saw her do that & then  proceeds to inform me about everything she learned.  
She gets so excited & proud of herself & I am definitely proud of her too!

She's been getting a few of her shapes mixed up & so we rolled out her art easel paper all down our hallway & drew big shapes on it--then we drew little shapes, cut them out, & put them in a bowl.
I would pick a little shape out of the bowl, she would tell me which shape it was, & then she would find it on our loooooooong paper & stand on it.  
We made a fun game out of it & after she told me the name of the shape I picked out of the bowl, I would say, "Now penguin walk to this shape----or somersault to this shape---or leap to this shape.
It was a really fun way to incorporate the things she has been learning in gymnastics. 
We've played it maybe a billion times--but, guess what?? She now knows her shapes to a T.

Win win if you ask me.

1 comment:

  1. She looks so grown up in these pictures. What a darling little girl! And you are a good mom!

    ReplyDelete