Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Cherish

We were in desperate need of getting new family pics done.
Our last was when London was 6 months old...Yikes!!
However, I was hesitant to get them done because I was/am picky about what my braces/face look like in photographs.
So, on a whim, I called my sister & had her meet me.
I gave her my camera & set the light setting as best as I could,
& she snapped away.

I F I N A L L Y got around to editing them.
My pictures always seem to get put on the backburner.
I suppose that's normal for a photographer.  

I wanted pictures that were natural & playful.
I do like the smile & pose photos,
BUT, I LOVE capturing what life is really all about.
Twenty years from now, I want to look back & see the fun games/things/ & ways we played with London...instead of how good we could sit still & pose.

At first, I was hating all of these family pictures.
I kept finding things wrong with me.
My braces were showing, or, my dress was puckering on my belly making me look chunky.
But, as I looked a all these photos closer,
I realized that none of that even matters.
What matters are the sweet moments of playing that we captured,
the way we are looking at London with complete adoration,
the way London is smiling because she loves playing with us.
I will cherish these photos forever.
What I wouldn't give to see candid moments of my parents playing with me.
I hope London will look at these photos in the future &
not remember that her mommy had braces & felt self conscious,
but, that she remembers her young parents were just perfect as they were
because they made time to play, read, laugh, & snuggle.

Thank you Jenni for capturing these priceless images of my sweet family.

6 comments:

  1. These are darling! You are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! There is so much love and gorgeousness in every picture! I love you and your family! That London is to die for! I want to squish her face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing!!! I just love you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete